YOGA ALLIANCE ACCREDITED
Each of us is searching for simpler ways to push through challenges and adversity, reach our goals, rouse the fire that burns within our souls, and live in the fiber of our true being. The Moksha Practice is a map for body movement rooted in traditional Hatha & Vinyasa Yoga. Through it you will have the opportunity to explore different avenues where to take your yoga asana practice as you begin to develop your own style, standing centered and grounded in our world of ever-fluctuating change.
This Integral Vinyasa, Ayurveda & Karma Yoga teacher training focuses on mastering the lineage's traditional postures, the Sun Salutation A & B, and a variety of Vinyasa flow-based sequences and postures. You will develop the skills to adapt these for your own needs both as a teacher and student, and gain the foundation to chart your own path toward sharing yoga with the world.
· Vincent Roy - E-RYT 200, RYT 500, C-IAYT 800 & Continuing Education Provider (YACEP)
· Sophia Pskova - RYT 500
· Tiana Prince - RYT 500
· Loren Thomas - RYT 500
• Postural anatomy of classical yoga postures
○ You will learn the structural breakdown body alignment and verbal and hands-on adjustments for classical Hatha Vinyasa Yoga postures, including standing, balancing, dynamic, inverted, seated, moon, arm balancing, relaxing, twists, headstands, and pre-natal postures.
• Shatkarma yogic detox cleansings
○ Each day you will practice a kriya cleansing routine, such as Sutra Neti and Jala Neti to prepare your body for pranayama.
• Pranayama breathing techniques
○ You will learn and practice various pranayama breathing techniques such as Nadhi Sodhana, Kapalabhati, Lion, dog, and Ujjayi breathing, both to deepen your personal practice and incorporate in classes. In addition to this, you will learn a Hung Gar Kung-Fu (animal style) pranayama sequence.
○ You will learn authentic meditation techniques you can practice anywhere without the need for props, music, or anything else than yourself. We will dive deep into breath observation so that meditation is not 'done', but simply 'happens'.
• Safe sequencing principles
○ Learn how to create asana sequences to target specific muscle groups and creative themes with flows, movements, and shapes.
• Cueing for Alignment
○ Learn verbal, visual, and physical cueing to take students away from a potentially risky to a safe posture, as well as tools to keep the body-mind linked during postural practice.
• Yoga history and philosophy
○ You will learn the origins of yoga, how it has evolved and spread over time, the meaning of the practices, the three manifestations of ancestral yoga (Bhakti, Karma, and Jnana yoga), and how to apply them in daily life.
• Yoga anatomy & bio-mechanics
○ Gain in-depth understanding of the biology and anatomy of the human body as it relates to yoga postures, incorporating this knowledge into instructional language to increase body awareness and safety in movements.
• Map of the subtle body
○ Learn the fundamentals of the subtle body including the koshas, chakras, nadis, bandha locks, and granthis to develop consciousness, promote transformation, and practice and teach from an integrated perspective.
• The business of yoga
○ You will learn about the various avenues open to you as a yoga teacher, such as working for a yoga studio or freelancing, yoga ethics and the code of conduct of a yoga teacher, and 21st century marketing, including social media and running ads.
• Your choice of our cork or anti-slip pu rubber yoga mat
• The Moksha Yoga Amazonica mala beads rosary for meditation practice
• Moksha Yoga Amazónica printed student manual
• Sutra Neti rubber, Jala Neti pot, and tongue scraper for shatkriya detox cleansing practice
• One-on-one integration interviews with instructors
• Unlimited practice at the studio for the duration of the course
• Use of all studio props & mats (bolsters, blankets, blocks, straps, tennis balls, wheel)
Virtual 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Jun 30 - Jul 20, 2020
Hosted on our website using a Learning Management Software + Live Video Calls
Yoga Alliance Accredited
200 HOUR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING